1. A circle is the symbol of the sun and the earth, and of the universe. It is a symbol of wholeness, and perfection, and of peace. The rings you give and receive this day, then, are symbols of the circle of shared love into which you enter together as [husband/wife/married/life partners/etc]. May these rings which you give and receive this day be a symbol of true faith in each other, and always remind each of you of the love you share on this day.
2. [Name], I give you this ring as a symbol of my love and commitment.
3. I give you this ring as token that I shall love you, in all times, in all places, and in all ways, forever.
4. With this ring, I marry you, and to you I will be true, as long as we both shall live.
5. With this ring I thee wed.
6. I give you this ring to wear as a symbol of our love for each other.
7. [Name], let this ring be a symbol of our love and the promises we made here today.
8. [Name], take this ring I give you, as a symbol and pledge of my constant faith and lasting love. With this ring, I marry you, and to you I will be true, as long as we both shall live.
9. [Name], if you accept my vow and commitment, allow me the privilege of placing this ring on your finger as a public symbol of our marriage.
10. [Name], I give you this ring as a sign of my love and as a symbol of our marriage.
11. [Name], will you accept this ring, shaped in the symbol of completeness and eternity, as a reminder of our love and commitment?
12. [Name], I give you this ring as a symbol of my vow, and with all that I am, and that I have, I honor you.
13. Wedding rings are made precious by our wearing of them. Your rings say that even in your uniqueness you have chosen to be bound together. Let these rings also be a sign that love has substance as well as soul, a present as well as a past, and that, despite its occasional sorrows, love is a circle of happiness, wonder, and delight.
14. The wedding ring is usually placed on the fourth finger of the left hand because traditionally it was believed that this finger was a direct connection to the heart — the perfect place for a symbol representing eternal love and commitment.